For those of you wondering about timing, here are the basics:
- There is no timer, but I know roughly how long the shoots usually take. I will not end a shoot just because ‘time’s up’. I’ll shoot until I’m confident that we’ve captured what we set out to do.
- For maternity shoots, allow 1-1.5 hrs
- For newborns allow 2.5-3 hrs (or until the baby calls an end to the session)
- Family photos that involve young children will not take more than 1.5 hrs because I know that young children get restless quickly.
Your session has finished, we’ve all had fun….now what? Here’s what’s happening:
- I get all your images onto the computer and go through them to remove the blinks, blurs, and weird faces that inevitably occur.
- I do basic edits to the remaining photos
- I do a few full edits to show you what can be done
- You come by the studio to pick your favourites
- I do full edits of these in the sizes requested and send you watermarked proofs for you to share with whoever you want
- You confirm the order
- I send it off to the lab and inform you when the photos have arrived
- You pick them up and leave smiling!